Well, living here in Tulsa the holy buckle of the Bible belt I am now considering that God, in his infinite wisdom grace and love is going to bring his plan of reconciling the ALL the human race to Himself. And that includes my pathetic ass… (Such as it is)
But what about the Bible?
- His mercy endures forever. Ps 136, etc
- With God “nothing is impossible.” Lu 1:37
- What He desires He does. Job 23:13
- He can do everything and no purpose of His can be thwarted. Job 42:2
- Where sins abound, grace abounds much more. Ro 5:20
- Christ draws (drags) all to Himself, not merely 2% of humanity. Jn 12:32
- He propitiates the sins of the whole world, and not ours only. 1Jn 2:2
- All families of the earth shall be blessed (Gen 12:3; etc.)
- All the earth shall worship and sing praises to Him. (Ps. 66:3-4)
- He destroys the works of the devil. 1Jn 3:8
- The last enemy that will be destroyed is death (all death). 1Co 15:26
- He is greater than He that is in the world! 1Jn 4:4; Etc.
Upon closer inspection and a bit of surfing on this internet I have came across some folks that seem to consider these things too. I may begin to read the New Testament again with this doctrine in mind and see if I get rebuked by the Spirit of truth.
Now, If I choose to go into this belief system the next question would be… Can somebody believe this stuff and still be a Christian? And, If I’m wrong does that buy me a ticket to hell?