Sept 3,2010 was a sad day for Tulsa OK. The Admiral Twin Drive In burned completely to the ground. This Tulsa icon has been around since the 1950’s.
So now when I go rolling down I244 at night I will no longer see a movie playing in the night. It’s just pitiful.
The Admiral Twin is full of history and was featured in “The Outsiders” by Francis Ford Coppola. It’s been seen everywhere. That is a very popular movie. Lord have mercy folks!
As I write this post the more I remember about that groovy place:
- I partied there. (many times)
- I snuck in there. (Trunk)
- I saw the Exorcist there (first run)
- 2nd time I ever kissed a girl was there. (she broke up right after lol)
- My friends back yard was the movie. (Free movies)
- On the school bus I remember seeing the film crew and vintage cars in place for the filming of “The Outsiders” (daily)
Anybody have similar memories… Thousands I’m sure.
Come on now!
Save the Admiral Twin… Join it hipsters.