by DaveStuff | Apr 15, 2014 | General, Internet Relationships
Well the Hipster (me yeah whatever) – I got married. Holy matrimony…. Marital bliss and all that! Hey I found a great girl that sees the best in me and takes me for what I am. – A knucklehead.
—Really tho…She’s awesome —!!
I just couldn’t do any better. I don’t know about destiny, predestination or God’s true plan for us humans according to the laws of the Great Universal Spirit…But I got a good feeling about this one. She is a jewel to be treasured…. That’s why I put a ring on her finger…Ya know?
Lucy and I….We got this! (more…)
by DaveStuff | Oct 3, 2011 | Internet Relationships
Image via Wikipedia
Plenty of Fish and the online matchmaking world is thriving as usual. The question – My Matches – How is this determined? Do these sites actually have a ‘technological’ system that matches you with people you are compatible with?
I have been playing around on 3 different free dating sites off and on for years. In fact it’s probably one of the reason I don’t get around to updating this blog…hahaha.. Whatever… I have learned the ups and downs of Plenty of Fish and others such as OK Cupid and Date Hook Up. You dig???
Plenty Of Fish Friends
Lets discuss a few of my friends I have met on Plenty of Fish over the past few years shall we? Some I have dated…Some are penpals etc…The question remains: Why does POF consider some of these ‘my matches’ and others do not come up in ANY match or search whatsoever….If I did not already know them I would have never met them on POF.
- _______ is my friend and pen pal from another site. We met in person a few months ago. We got along famously from day one and still remain close friends. She signed up on POF and has not come up on any matches or searches no matter how narrow I tweak the settings.
- ______ is a friend I met thru FB. She has helped me out of a lot of scrapes and been a good friend to me and my kid. She has been on POF about as long as I have and never comes up on any searches or matches.
- _____ is my educated IM buddy. She gives me advice on women and dating among other things. We did meet on POF. -She also does not come up on any matches or searches.
- _____ is my artistic friend. She is fun to talk to and very wise. We say hello often and have been out on the town a few times. I met her on POF and she still comes up in matches and searches regularly.
- _______Is my philosophical and religion debating partner. She’s fun to talk to and we have known each other a few months as of this post. She also comes up on matches and searches.
- _______Is a small town girl I talked to a long time ago.. We never got cross or anything but for some reason she blocked me. Then, recently she has come up as one of ‘my matches’ Why would somebody who has blocked you still be a ‘match’ ???
- ________ Is a pen pal and spiritual friend who even tho we clicked ‘yes’ on each other in the ‘match me feature’ are not considered ‘matches’ in the system and do not come up on searches.
- ________Is a musician friend of mine that did come up on matches in the beginning… Now we are on each others ‘favorites’ but do not come up as ‘matches’
- _______Is another that lives out of town that I converse with and we gripe about life to each other and people we meet on POF. She dropped the site recently calling it “Put Out F**kers’
- ____,____, and _____ among others are friends and acquaintances that I met there or elsewhere that are active on the site…Some are matches some are not… Some come up on searches some do not…
My Matches Conclusion
All these Ladies are beautiful people that I consider friends and groovy to my soul… You can see their profiles at (removed) What? You think I want more competition? Hardly… Guys far outnumber the Gals on dating sites folks. But your welcome to check out my profile.
So…. Plenty of Fish matchmaking…Does it work Wassup???
by DaveStuff | Oct 10, 2010 | Internet Relationships, Sex
I read and an article in a magazine one time that took a survey about what trates people search for in a mate. All the usual stuff:
Honesty, integrity, stability…. All of THAT
Then it asked about “looks” .
You know, attractive people. According to the survey most people were not that opinioated about “good looks”. They often said that “looks are really not that important.
But… what they say and what they actually do are often very different things. (more…)
by DaveStuff | Sep 28, 2010 | Internet Relationships, Sex, Technology
Image via Wikipedia
I get email every week from this cat, Derek Rake on how to seduce women. I was sitting around on the single tip (like I am now) and did a Google search on how to pick up girls and his site came up. (It may have been an ad)
I was quite entertained by the webpage and I put my email address in there and have been getting his newsletter ever since. He claims it’s worth $47 monthly. I have been receiving it for quite some time. I wonder when my free trial is up? (more…)
by DaveStuff | Sep 27, 2010 | General, Internet Relationships, Technology
Doing my usual looking around on “how to blog“, blogs I came across a post with over 200 tips to do it better. One of them was to write a post about Google. So I’m gonna bust one out about the mystery of getting indexed.
A Google Search
I just did a search: “Google Index Mystery” and hit I’m feeling lucky (more…)
by DaveStuff | Sep 20, 2010 | General, Internet Relationships, Sex
I’m single again. My latest fascination has been twitter. Perhaps I could use it instead of dating sites to find a new girlfriend. It can’t hurt…Right?
I spend a lot of time on twitter so instead of promoting myself and talking
Image via Wikipedia
about how cool my blog is perhaps I could find a hot dates to go on in my spare time. (I can’t just blog endlessly?)
I read bloggs teaching how to be a successful blogger. They often suggest writing a “list” post. So I have decided to do just that. Are ya ready?
And here it goes….
How To Find a Girlfriend on Twitter
Create an Account
You gotta sign up first dude. You cant sit around playing X-box and expect to get hot twitter followers. So turn off the game and bust a move.
Spice up Your Profile
Don’t just use the default skin. Put something cool up that reflects your personality and why you are the one to git’ wit. Make sure you make a good impression on you “bio”
Have a website
If you don’t have your own website you could just enter your Myspace profile in that section. Make sure that your profile at Myspace looks good to. That way they can visit you there too and add you as a friend. Or at least get more info about ya.
Yep, like facebook start posting and texting cool things you know and see. Talk about your “availability”. What your into…Who you be wit’ Your favorite food and drink and popular culture hipster ramblings. Do this several times a day.
Do a “single” search using twitter. This will open real time treading for the term “single” Start following every single girl you find attractive. Also use the hash tag (#) in your tweets and profile. #single #hotties #dating ETC They will follow you back. And when they do:
Strike up Conversations
Use the @hotchick (example) to start talking to girls. Compliment them and practice putting the twitter “mack” down.
Add Local Chicks
Do a search for your town. Follow all the hot chicks you see in that search. That is if you want somebody close to where you live. Twitter is worldwide..Ya know? After a few online train wrecks myself I’d be fine with a long distance twitter girlfriend.
“So glad to finally meet you in person. I have really been enjoying your tweets” Would you like to join me down at the cyber cafe? Oh, I see you have your Iphone…Let’s rock!
I’m working on it with one gurl. But she wouldn’t even tweet me… What gives? But hey, I got a really good feeling about this one 🙂